4 Star Review: Touch Me Not by Apryl Baker

Sunday, 15 November 2015 No comments
Touch Me Not (Manwhore, #1)Touch Me Not by Apryl Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What do you get when you cross a manwhore with a prude? A beautiful story of love in the face of adversity of course!

Just when life can’t get any more difficult for Lily, who is in love with her best friend Adam and unable to verbalise or act on her feelings towards him, Nikoli, the local manwhore, sets his sights on her and despite the threats from everyone who knows and loves Lily, he is not to be deterred from achieving his target, to get Lily between the sheets.

Review: Chelsea

Tuesday, 10 November 2015 No comments
Chelsea Chelsea by Addison Jane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved it, loved it, loved it!

I can see there have been some mixed reviews over this book but for me it was even better than Harmony. I loved the depth to the story, the characters' chemistry, the addition of the Mafia connection (always a plus for me) and of course, the heart-wrenching side story between Blizzard and Rose (and yay, their story is coming next!) - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Chelsea is no ordinary Club Girl, she has ambition, drive and a determination to succeed outside of the Club House but with the gravitational pull she has to Optimus, breaking free is never and option, that is, until it becomes a necessity.

Aside from the delicious biker boys, we also get to meet Deacon. A gym owner like no other, and a person that Chelsea can turn to and trust, or so she thinks.

Life was never going to be straightforward for poor Chelsea as she fights to secure the life that she thought she had lost at the age of 5. Needing security, love and protection though only accounts for 90% of her ambition though and the other 10% belongs to Optimus, the most stubborn man that she will ever meet. Between Chelsea's desire to run and Optimus' desire to protect by pushing people away, their story is one to grasp tenatively as they push and pull away from each other throughout the book.

This is a really well written series so far. The author has a thought provoking writing style which, together with the storyline, is one to savour.

View all my reviews

Review: Rogue

Monday, 9 November 2015 No comments
Rogue Rogue by Callie Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

From Rebel, with love, comes this next instalment in the Dead Man’s Ink serial by Callie Hart. After an initially steady start to this Blood & Roses side series, probably felt due to my post-Zeth blues, this next instalment packs a real punch. Rebel and Sophia have connected and their feelings are growing stronger for each other day by day. They fight hard and love even harder and it’s not long before Sophia’s Christian values are put to Rebel’s test!

Rebel still has Hector Ramirez breathing down his neck but despite the danger and the injuries inflicted upon him, there is only one thing, or woman, on his mind, Sophia. Sophia is still being kept safe by Rebel, albeit against her will, but against her best intentions she is starting to see the man behind the mask and that is Jamie instead of Rebel. Although furious about being kept locked away, Sophia is drawn to Jamie and despite an opportunity arising where she could make her bid for freedom she stays to help Jamie.

As expected, this story is not without its blood and gore and it’s not long before Hector leaves Rebel and his brothers a message that they can’t ignore. Sophia is also still in danger from Raphael Dela Vega and when he arrives, unexpectedly, with Maria Rosa aka Mother, things start to get interesting, especially when Sophia needs to take things into her own hands in order to stay safe.

Between Zeth and Rebel, Callie certainly has plenty to keep her occupied! Their stories are well written and captivating. I didn’t think Zeth’s story could be matched but Rebel is definitely keeping up. I love how this story compliments the Blood and Roses series so perfectly and rather than feeling like just another spin-off, it has its own strength to hold your attention and to keep you engrossed in the storyline.

View all my reviews